This week has been so crazy. I have to say sorry for being absent! I’m trying to catch up now. I have my family coming in tomorrow so today’s the day to get everything done. And when you have pretty much zero time to make a full sized dessert, why not go for a mug cake? S’mores mug cake if we’re being specific here. 😉
I threw this together the other night when I got home. So good. The only thing I would change is the amount of cocoa powder, I’d half it, at least. If you’re looking for the recipe you can find it over at How Sweet It Is. If you want a delicious treat in a hurry, this is it! It may have also been gone as quickly as I made it…maybe, and I may or may not have went a little overboard and put some whipped cream on top, and then again when I got to the middle…faaantastic!
This past week I was given two Versatile Blogger Awards! I received my first award from Peter at Feed Your Soul. Relatively new to the blogging scene and a recent member of the Foodbuzz community, Peter makes some seriously mouthwatering dishes, I can’t wait to see what he’ll come up with next!
The second award I received from Jessica at A Kitchen Addiction. Also new to the food blogging scene, Jessica loves creating new, heathy dishes, running & she’s a big fan of dark chocolate! That’s an awesome combo if you ask me, wish I had some of her running motivation.
So first I want to say a BIG thank you to both bloggers! I was given some rules with these awards and I intend to follow through.
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blog Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
There are also a few add-on rules:
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
So without any further blabbering on my part here are 15 amazing blogs/bloggers who I am passing this award on to…
Natalie at Food Atick
Ingrid at The Cozy Apron
Alyssa at Mom de Cuisine
Dana at Jane & Lorraine
Navaneetham at Nava-K
Emily at Life on Food
Kym at Free Spirit Eater
Mary Ellen at Pate a Chew
Sarah at Baking Serendipity
Nish at Nish Whips Up A Dish
April from Ape’s Eats
Choc Chip Uru at Go Bake Yourself
Dara at Gen Y Foodie
I share a good amount about myself on my blog but I’ll do my best to think of 7 interesting things about me…
1. You know where it says I’m 20 something in About Me? Well I just turned 28!
2. My favorite color my whole life has been hot pink. Seriously. (No I don’t live in a pink house!)
3. I have a younger brother, 24, and an older sister who is about to turn 30!!
4. I don’t like plain chocolate – especially not dark chocolate. (Sorry chocolate lovers!)
5. I’m also not the biggest fan of pizzeria style pizza. (My Mommom & Poppie spoiled me with homemade!)
6. My favorite alcohol is tequila! (Yes I went to Cancun, no it didn’t make me like it any less.)
7. I was born and raised in New Jersey, although if you met me and learned how cold I am always, you would probably think I grew up in Hawaii.
I want all of the bloggers that I’ve awarded to know that I will not hold you to these “rules”! I know we’re all busy, sometimes there’s just not enough time in the day! I just wanted to show you all some love!